Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day 2

Day 2- the meaning behind your blog name
I had another blog before this one and it was titled "The Meager Family" but when my husband at the time left me, I was always reminded when I read the title of that blog that we weren't a family anymore.  I changed my last name back to Sadlier and started a new blog (this one of course).  Amber and Co. was for me and my kids because the last thing I wanted after my divorce was pity, and I rarely referred to myself as a single mom.  If I'd named the blog "Amber and kids" it was pretty much screaming that I didn't have a husband and I didn't want to focus on that fact because being single did not define who I was, who I am, and who I will always be.
In the past few weeks I've added this saying to the right of my blog title:
If you've read my previous blog entries you know that I've planned my future several times and several ways and found myself "lost" every time.  And I've found a better way, plain and simple :)

No comments: