Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 1

Day 1- A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself

Here are two pictures.  One with my girls, one with my Adam

I'm washed out in this one, so it hides the wrinkles :)
Seritta on the right, Camilla on the left

Me and Adam

  • My favorite interesting fact about me is my birthday.  I love my birthday.  It's February 29th, which is Leap Year so I only get a birthday once every four years.  Of course I celebrate every year because I love birthdays!
  • I'm a Pisces.  I don't know much about the Zodiac but I do like the Pisces profile :)
  • I've survived bites from a black widow spider and a brown recluse.  I have a really cool scar from my brown recluse bite.
  • I started menopause at the age of 27 (TMI, I know)
  • I have more than 30 pairs of shoes, and at least two thirds of them are heels.  I would be happy wearing heels every day of the week if my arthritis would allow it.
  • I have the body of a 70 year old between my arthritis, ulcers, and hot flashes.
  • I would die without my cell phone.
  • I would rather spend a week with teenagers than adults.
  • I'm on my 3rd marriage.  That may not be interesting to some people, but considering my religion and my stance on families, I think it's very interesting.
  • Shopping, chocolate, and girl gripe sessions make me happy.  Like, really truly happy.
  • Even though I have pretty low self esteem, I'm also sorta stuck on myself.  I love having brown hair and brown eyes and skin that tans instead of burns.  I love being tall enough that a good pair of stilettos puts be as tall as half of the men in this town.  I complain about myself often (stretch marks, baby flab, gray hair, breakouts, etc.) but really, I love who I am at least half of the time and usually remember that I have my own personal value that no one has but me.
  • I often live in the past and allow others to rule my life.
  • I don't deserve my  husband.  Some might say this is an opinion, but it's my blog and I say it's a fact.  He's way too good for me, but I'm keeping him anyway!
  • I have a birthmark in my eye that makes it look like that eye (can't remember which one) is always bloodshot, and a scar under my right nostril where I cut myself shaving when I was 6.
  • I'm way too excited about the MAD DASH I'm helping to head up this fall.  It's a huge blessing that a grade school friend got me involved in and I love her for it.

No comments: