Thursday, January 5, 2012

Bobo means stupid in Spanish

A few days before Christmas I took the girls to Walmart to pick up a few groceries.  Much to George's suprise (and chagrin) we came home with this:

How can you resist those eyes?  I couldn't :)
At the time we got him (about 2 weeks ago now) he was an 8 week old Great Pyreneese/Black Lab/Jack Russel mix.  In the last two weeks he's been anything from cute and adorable to annoying and frustrating.  Housetraining... ugh.  When he's with just me, he does fine, but with the kids.... my, oh my!  I very nearly took him to the pound the other day (after very nearly killing him for pottying in my bathroom) but decided to list him in the paper instead and when my anger subsided I ended up giving him just one more week.  Jack hates him, the kids love him, I have a love/hate relationship with him and George, even after saying NO when he saw me walk through the door with him, has simply fallen in love.
George with Jack and Bobo

He's cutest when he's sleeping. (The puppy... not the man)
 The kids and I decided to name him Coal being that we got him at Christmastime and all but then we thought if we let George name him, he'd be more likely to let us keep him :)  Aren't we sneaky?  Unfortunately it backfired a bit because he gave the poor thing a hideous name.  BOBO.  Google translate has a list of words that Bobo would mean in English and here it is:

fool
silly
stupid
booby
idiot
sucker
boob
moron
ninny
dolt
sap
dunce
goof
half-wit
mutt
mug
gawk
loony
dumbbell
nincompoop
noddy
saphead
yo-yo
noodle
Simple Simon
juggins
numbhead
lemon
ninny-hammer

I sometimes wonder why we even gave him a name because when George calls him it's "Hey Stupid!" or "Come here Dumdum!".  Somehow, I find myself smiling whenever I hear him call the new puppy, and I seem to fall in love with George a little bit more when I see him sleeping with "the baby" on his lap or catch them playing together.  I have to admit though, I'm more than a little bit scared of how George will react when he sees my phone charger.

My first thought was, too bad he didn't get electrocuted.

He had to go to jail after the assault on the phone cord


No comments: