Saturday, October 15, 2011

Salsa

Ok so making salsa.  Wow, making salsa was CRAZY.  Like, 50 onions, 30 green bell peppers, 25-ish jalapenos, garlic (no clue how much), vinegar, and SUGAR!  Over a period of 2 days, it felt like we got hardly any salsa out of it.  It was ridiculous and I'll NEVER EVER EVER do it again!  My hands smelled like onions for days, and my hair as well, no matter how many times I scrubbed it.  I will say the salsa turned out out yummy and sweet and perfect for me.  Too sweet for all six kiddies and my husband so I made a mild/medium batch which was like super hot for me, perfect for everyone else in the family. 
The bonding time I had with Vickie and Kellie was the best part of it and almost worth the time it took to make the salsa.  I love that I'm able to bond with my kids stepmother (Kellie) and that she's like a sister to me.  I love her very much for who she is.  So, salsa was a success, the experience unforgettable, but I'm so over it.  Never again, I swear it!

No comments: